Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Happy Turkey Day!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week was great! Full of turkey and amazing cranberry sauce! This week was a lot different then others. So I am just going to talk about my amazing Thanksgiving day. Well my Thanksgiving started as the worse day possible! I woke up and worked out getting all pumped up and ready to play in the turkey bowl! This is the first time I am going to actually play football in little over a year. Our whole Zone was talking about it through out the week. We found no problem with playing and our Zone leaders knew we were playing. I have been planning on this for a month. Well, we get a voice message at 7:00am in the morning. Guess who it was from? It was from the Zone Leader. The message went a little like this. "Happy Turkey day, Yaaay! We are just informing you about participating in the Turkey bowl is prohibited. So have a great day!" Right then in there I was so mad and angry and knew without a doubt this was going to be the worse Thanksgiving ever! For an hour getting ready for the day I was pouting and throwing a little tissy fit why I can't play some football on Turkey day. I start my personal study and read in the Book of Mormon. I then meditated why I am so angry. I decided to read in my journal last year on Thanksgiving and my whole attitude to things were different. I was so happy and just thanking my Heavenly father for everything I have. So I decided that I am going to turn my frown upside down and make this the best Thanksgiving ever! So we went out that day with faith to make something happen. Well, a lot of people were not home or cooking up some turkey and didn't want anything to do with us. So we went to go see what was going on with one of our favorite families the Fraziers.
We get to the house and Sister Frazier told us that Max and Fox are at the park playing with their Dad. So we went on over there and guess what happened. We had our own Turkey Bowl with the Frazier's. It was really Turkey Olympics playing football, baseball, kickball, doing cool tricks on the playground all the above. Max and Fox are little studs and I could not think of anything better to do then play sports with them this Thanksgiving. All the other kids looked at us and were so jealous. That was a really fun time.
We then went to our turkey dinner. We didn't know the people that signed us up for dinner. So I thought this dinner was going to be awkward. But it was Awesome! The family was so cool and we just talked and ate so much food. Bro. and Sis. Rodriguez were just recently married and had kids on both sides. Bro. Rodriguez is a convert and all his kids are not members. So it was cool answering their questions about what missionaries do. They were all around our age and couldn't believe what we did for two years. We were able to share a sweet little spiritual message about thanksgiving. They enjoyed it but nothing really happened after. Two days later. We just pull up to a random street and we knock into one of his sons. We were like Whoa! We know you. ha ha. We asked if we could share more about the Book of Mormon with him. He was like ya! He said that he is going to be at his dad's house on Tuesday and we can share with him there at two o' clock. I was like Cha-Ching! The Holy Ghost works in so many ways. So cool to see these miracles happen each and everyday!
Haley (14) and Jake (8) are for sure getting baptized December 10th! We are so excited! They have been progressing so fast it is amazing. So cool how a willing heart can bring forth so many blessings when you live the gospel teachings. I love this family so much. We taught them the Plan of Salvation and asked some amazing questions. They bore testimony how cool it was to know that there is a Plan of Happiness. Funny story! So Jake asked us a question after he is baptized if he is going to be referred as brother. Heather (mom) said to him, " when you get older you will be referred to that". He then said, "well I want to be referred as Brother Jake now really bad"! It was so funny!!!! So now Elder Anderson and I say, "Whats up Brother Jake." I am so excited to see them enter into a covenant with Heavenly Father and see them be blessed more then they can ever imagine. I am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To be his representative and be able to see with my own eyes the way the Gospel blesses families. I am so grateful my family can and will be together forever. That right now I have the opportunity to help other families do the same. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment