Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Miracles, Miracles, Miracles!

Monday, December 5, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week was a blast filled with miracles! This Anaheim 10th ward is booming and it is filled with the Christmas Spirit! We have been working really hard with the members on how we can boost their faith and invite their friends and family to listen and hear the Good News and the discussions. One family in particular we had an amazing experience with. We went in with faith trusting in God that we will help them and promise them many great blessings. We read through the Joseph Smith History hearing the experience Joseph Smith had with the first vision. Right then and there we felt the Spirit testify of the truth of this experience and I felt it so strongly. Elder Anderson and I then both bore our testimonies of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, The Prophet Joseph Smith, the priesthood power that has again been restored to the earth. It was amazing! We then invited the Keplers, a young couple, to bear their testimony and it was so cool to just here how everyone came to know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet. We then asked them if they would be offended if we taught someone in their home. They said of course not. We told them that we have as of right now nobody to teach in their home. We promised them as representatives of Jesus Christ that if they would fast and pray that they would find someone that we could teach in the next two weeks. It was a bold promise. Brother Kepler is a stud and he had tremendous faith. One week went by and they said they haven't found anybody. Well, this last Thursday we get a text from Brother Kepler and said that he has a friend that would love to hear the discussions and we set up an appointment the next Friday. The faith that we had along with the Kepler's brought forth an answer to our prayers! We will have a new investigator that I feel will be prepared for entering into a covenant with his Father in Heaven. My testimony has grown in the power of being a missionary and having the authority to promise blessings. I am so grateful that I am worthy to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost to lead and guide me through this work.
Miracle Numero dos. From my last e-mail I told you about running into Brother Rodriguez son two days after Thanksgiving. Well our lesson followed through and we had an amazing spiritual experience. Once again with the restoration and the power of the first vision. Robert is a smart college student who is very knowledgeable and uses a lot of big words. He doesn't know what he believes but he knows that what he has seen in the LDS faith and that it is good. When we were about to recite him the first vision in Joseph Smiths own words, we let him know that he is going to feel something amazing and know that what we are telling you is true. Well, once again the spirit came in and swooped in and bore testimony like no other! We asked him what he thought and felt after. He said warmth, joy, happiness, all the fruits of the spirit! We invited him to be baptized and he accepted. He is prepared and there is a support system for him with his dad being a convert. I am so grateful for the Holy ghost and the power of prayer.
I was able to go to the Creche (100's of nativities) in Orange this Christmas Season! I wanted to go so bad last year when I was in Irvine but we were not able to get investigators there. So, Jeff, Heather, Jake (my mom will post picture) came with us and it was absolutely amazing! There were nativities from all over the world! They really enjoyed it. We saw Bobi there and I wanted to get a picture with them in front of the Christmas tree and Little Brother Jake was being a little stubborn. ha ha. He did not like taking pictures and Bobi was able to convince him just to take one. I was so happy ha ha. I wonder what will happen on the big Baptism day when we want to take pictures. haha.
We moved the baptismal date to December 11th so that more family of Haley and Jake will be there. I have the opportunity to baptize Haley and confirm Jake a member! I am really excited and Elder Anderson is doing the opposite. The biggest change I have seen is in Haley. She has really come along way and Heather sees it every day. Haley is reading so much of the Book of Mormon and I am so proud of her. She is like my new adopted sister! Jake who we now call "Brother Jake" loves church! He loves primary and now loves to pray. It is so cool to see his growth and how he loves spiritual things once he chooses to enjoy it. haha. I am really excited. Miracles are happening every day. I love this family so much.
Transfers are next week, so Elder Anderson and I are going to let President know if it is the Lord's will to keep us together for one more transfer. I have never heard of a companionship being together for 3 transfers but we are tearing it up in Anaheim and they just got to let us keep Baptizing. I love what I do. I do it because I Love my Father in Heaven and my Savior Jesus Christ! The love that I feel from them I am able to transfer to those I teach and serve. Christmas season is here. Love one another and serve others and I promise you that you will have a magical Christmas filled with miracles also! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment