Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Having a Great Time!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Family and Friends,

Well, I thought this week was going to be the best one yet! We had 13 appointments scheduled for this week and all of them got cancelled besides 4! So I could be feeling down right now but I am not! One of those 4 we were able to teach a new investigator named Julie. She is a single mom with two kids and she is awesome. She has a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and wants to follow him. She grew up Catholic and found out for herself that Catholicism is not for her. Ever since then she has been bouncing to different Christian churches trying to find the truth. Well, we knocked on her door and she was willing to hear our message. We scheduled appointments 3 times and finally were able to get in and teach her. When we taught her about the Restoration she asked why she didnt know anything about Joseph Smith. We told her that is why we are out here serving our missions to help everyone have an opportunity to hear the Restored Gospel. She was really interested and accepted Baptism and to read the Book of Mormon. She is really knowledgeable of the Gospel and she is just on fire. I feel like she is so prepared and I know that she will get Baptized! So even though all our appointments got cancelled, I still feel like it was a good productive week. Elder Anderson and I can always improve and do bettter which is great! I felt very happy seeing the spirit lead and guide us to those who are prepared.
There has not been too much progress with our other investigators. Obviously many of their appointments were cancelled. Just need to keep following up with them and help them keep their commitments. I am sorry I am going to have to cut this e-mail short but I Love you and hope everyone is having as great of a time as I am!

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment