Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

The Book of Mormon is True

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Family and Friends,

Well, this week was good. I took Elder Hansen to get some Pho. Yep, the great Vietnamese noodles. SO good! I thought this southern Elder needed to try something a little out there. When we got at the restaurant and he looked at other people's bowls and he said, "I don't think I am going to like it". He orders himself a little bowl takes one bite and says, "I do not like it at all". I was in awe ha ha. Every companion that I have taken to get some Pho loved it. Elder Hansen did not take another bite of it haha. I felt bad I told him it was amazing. He just has different style of foods he likes. Actually we are the total opposite of foods we like .haha. He doesn't like peanut butter. I love peanut butter. He is a fan of Macaroni and Cheese. I am not so much. He loves to make strogenoff. I like and can only make things with eggs and he doesn't like eggs. Ha ha. It is a funny situation.
We were able to teach an old grandma named Shirley that just turned 73 and her mother is till alive at 101 years old Crazy!!! Shirley's husband passed away ten years ago and she has a strong relationship with God. She considers herself Methodist but she goes to all different kinds of church services. She has been taught most of the discussions and we found her in our former investigator forms. We looked and felt inspired to go teach her. We found out that she has never read the Book of Mormon so we decided to read with her to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. She is a sweet lady and loves to talk. She is one of those Cat widows. Lots of cats and while we were teaching her one of her cats hopped on her lap and started sucking on her neck. WEIRD!!!! Elder Hansen and I look at each other like what the heck. ha ha. She goes on to say that Noah (cats name) was abandoned when he was a Kitten and didn't have a mother. So Shirley adopted him and now lets him suck on her neck. She is Dear Daughter of God.
We also found another new investigator named Steve. His father is LDS and his mother is Born again Christian (don't know how that happened) and he grew up not knowing what to do. He joined none of them and didn't really have God in his life. We went by and taught him the Restoration and invited him to be Baptized In Christs Church in the first lesson. HE accepted and was so excited. His date is July 2nd. Yes, I know that is far away but with faith he will be so set and ready to make this change in his life and make these covenants with his Father in Heaven. Miracles are happening in Yorba Linda.
We had a zone conference with special guest Elder Bowen of the Quorum of the Seventy who is cousins with President Bowen coming in a month (my new mission president). We learned so much about the Power of the Priesthood and how important this work is. I got so pumped for missionary work. We went out and found 5 potential investigators the next day. And we are going to continue these Miracles. I know that this Church is true. That Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. That the Book of Mormon is evidence today that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. I want to give a shout out to the Best Dad in the WORLD HAPPY BIRTHDAY. He has made me who I am today. Love you Dad.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment