Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

A Week of Miracles

Monday, June 6, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week I saw many miracles!!!! It was a hard working week of tracting and finding. As a Zone we are striving to find one new investigator per week. Well, we followed up with this family that we found tracting two weeks ago and we taught them the Plan Of Salvation. It was a perfect lesson for them because the husband was mad at God for letting his father pass away. He believed if there was a God he would not allow that to happen. He was angry at God. I knew he did believe but didn't want to admit it. At first he didn't want to join us in our discussion and we invited him over and he came and listened. Then we opened up The Book of Mormon and went to hand him one so that he could read the verse but he said he is here just to listen. I then said, "I strongly encourage you to read and follow along with us". I know that the Holy Ghost was working with him and he joined us in reading. We were able to talk about The Plan of Happiness and how understanding it helps us have joy in this life and gives a greater determination to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. When he brought up his father and how it was not fair, I thought about my cousin and my best bud Brady (who was my same age). I told him what happened to my cousin when I was 14 years old and how he passed away so unexpectedly. I felt the spirit so strong at that moment and felt so much Love. I knew he felt it too. I told him and bore my testimony that the Plan of Salvation is real. That we are here to learn and grow from our mistakes and to progress. I know that I will see my cousin Brady and my Grandpa O again. He asked me how do you know. I told him I prayed to my loving Heavenly Father when I was 14 and I felt peace that everything was going to be okay. I told him I know Brady is doing the same missionary work up in the Spirit World. I told him probably teaching your father the same thing we are teaching you about right now. He kind of was quiet then said, "you don't know that you just believe it". I said, "I know". I told him he could know by the Power of the Holy Ghost. Then I invited him to pray on behalf of him and his family and ask if what we have said is true. He declined at first and I strongly encouraged him to ask God. He said okay. He did. It was great and we have a return appointment with them this Thursday and we are going to invite them all to be baptized. Very excited for that. We were able to find 6 new investigators in three weeks. We are starting to teach more as we have been focusing on these people and praying to find those that are ready to recieve the restored Gospel. I know the Plan of Happiness is real and it gives our life a purpose. We need to do all we can to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that we can go back to our Heavenly Father that loves us so much. I am having amazing spiritual experiences and yearn for more. I can't believe I have been out for 8 months. It is going by too fast. I love you all. Have a great week.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment