Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Things are Looking Up!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week was very good! It went by fast!!! haha. We were able to teach 3 lessons and find a new investigator. So there was good progress in the area. The ward here is stepping it up with the missionary work. We are finding ways that the members can be more missionary minded and we help them with that. President Watrous was gracious enough to split up Elder Lamb and I for another three day exchange. I was with Elder Tuipulotu and we had fun! We worked hard and did most the teaching in those three days but man he knows how to have a good time. I had a funny experience tracting.... We were just knocking through this neighborhood and talking to people and we came to this house. We knock at the door and this lady opens the door and says, "oh! come right in". We were like aaaaa ha ha. We didn't know if she was a potential investigator, a former investigator, less- active or a member. Elder Lamb starts freaking out as she gets her husband. He thought it was going to be the friends of a Church Pastor who would want to bash and yell at us. But he walks in really nice shakes our hand and we figure he is a member. Well, they ask us why we came over. I was able to whip something out about becoming member missionarries. I didn't know their names all the way though. At the end, I asked how do you spell your name and they told me it and I was able to write it down. They had no clue that we were just tracting in the neighborhood haha. So I thought that the Lord helped us call some good Audibles. Well Saturday night we got home waiting for transfer calls. They usually call around ten thirty. We get a call at 9:15 and Elder Lamb was like its President Watrous. I was like okay what did we do this time. we are getting along better. He asked for me and he gave me the call to be a Trainer. He goes on to say that this is the most trusted calling. What ever you teach this new missionary will affect him the rest of his life. I was like yes President and I will accept and do the best I can. So it was pretty shocking after all the problems I have had with Elder Lamb. So I will be staying in Yorba Linda 4th ward for another three months at least. I am really excited. I feel like I am white washing this area because we were not able to work as much as I hoped to and I have no clue about the area. So another challenging opportunity to learn! I feel overwhelmed but ready for it. I feel like there are going to be a lot of miracles happening in the near distant future. Side note ELder Lamb is going to Garden Grove. Good for him! Its a lot different then Yorba Linda and I wish him well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment