Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Cool Miracles~

Monday, April 2, 2012

Family and Friends,

This week was good as we were able to see some cool miracles!

We went to this apartment complex where we are teaching two investigators and we were in a hurry walking and I felt a prompting to knock on this door. So I turn and knock on it and a man named Jose answered the door. I asked him some questions about Jesus Christ and his religeous background and he said that he was raised Catholic but he is not really into the religious things at all. He was about to close our converstation but I was able to ask the question if he has felt God's love in his life. This enabled us to keep the conversation going and found out that he has felt the light of Christ in his life. We talked to him about prophets and he didn't know what prophets were. So were able to get into his home and teach the Restoration. The Holy Ghost was so strong as we were teaching him and helping him recognize God's love for him through out his life. In District Meeting earlier that morning I taught about "Teaching for Understanding" from Preach My Gospel. I know that helped me out so much as we were teaching Jose. Here is a man that was not interested, but because of our ability to teach for understanding which allowed the Holy Ghost to testify the things that what we were saying are true. He got so excited! We gave him a Book of Mormon and we asked him if he would read it. He said of course. He went on to say that nobody has given him a book in his life. I asked him if he would give the closing prayer and ask if the Book of Mormon was true. He did and the spirit was so strong. I then asked him how he felt. With a big grin on his face he said, " I feel tingley". I smiled and said that is the Holy Ghost testifying to you that the Book of Mormon is the word God. It was just the most amazing experience ever. I love missionary work, I live for those experiences. It is what brings you the ultimate hapiness. When I feel the Holy Ghost working through me and I can feel its presence, I know that I am doing my job as a representative of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for that experience and all the other experiences I have had on my mission.

On top of that I really enjoyed General Conference and the love I feel from the General Authorities. I love bearing my testimony to those out on the streets that the Prophet is going to address us this weekend. Even though nobody came, my testimony was strengthened as I bear testimony and heard the words of Thomas S. Monson. I was filled to the brim! It was great. It is like Christmas for a missionary when General Conference comes on.

I love my mission!!! I am so grateful that I have more time to show the Lord my love for him as I strive diligently and faithfully as I serve him and all his children. I know that this work is the most important work with eternal consequences. All we have to do as Saints is to remember and not forget the importance of our purpose of why we are here on this earth. Right now I am on spiritual high. It is my prayer that I can keep this spiritual fire through out my life and not forget the amazing experiences I have had. I miss you all but I am having a blast out here. MISSIONARY LIFE IS THE LIFE FOR ME! BOW CHICKA WOW WOW! Love you all.

Josh

0 comments:

Post a Comment