Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Nice Surprise!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Family and Friends,

Well this week was crazy. Found out that Elder Anderson and I are staying as companions for another transfer! We are going to be together for six months! We told President that the work is going great and that we do not want to leave but want to stay together. President said that we have the highest numbers in the mission and it is in a area that has had nothing going on for the last 5 Years! He cannot separate the Dynamic Duo. We are really excited as we have many Baptisms coming in the near future.

First off I want to talk about one of our investigators, We have been teaching Christine (12) for 4 1/2 month. Her parents are members but less active and she doesn't know whether she wanted to join our church or not. So we finally finished teaching her all the lessons a couple weeks ago. We told her that we have nothing more to teach her but now she needs to make the decision whether she wants to get baptized or not. We told her to pray about it. She loves church, the missionaries, reading the scriptures, young women's the whole thing. I was very confident that she would have the desire to get baptized. I fasted for her to get an answer. Well last weekend I didn't even bother to tell you that she prayed about it and she said NO! I was like no way! She doesn't know what she wants. Elder Anderson and I were so surprised and told her to continue reading the Book of Mormon and praying to Heavenly father. After that lesson we talked about it and we figured that it is just not the right timing for her. I was disappointed. I prayed and fasted so hard for her. Well, the next week rolls around and we were just visiting her to have a check up lesson to see how we could help her come closer to Jesus Christ. We were going in with just sharing a short scripture in Enos and be in and out. We sit down thinking we might get dropped. The Lord gives us the biggest curve ball! She tells us right away that she wants to get Baptized. We were like what? We were in shock and we didn't know what to say or do. I then I say, " Awesome" and pulled out my planner and went over the Baptismal interview questions with her and invited to be baptized on February 4th. We asked her what changed her mind? She said that she was thinking (pondering) about the things we have taught her and the way she feels when she goes to church. She said that she knew she needed to get baptized just needed to be brave enough to say yes! I have finally figured out how the Lord works after this experience. God answers prayers but he doesn't always answer them the way we think he will answer them. I had to hear gut wrenching news and pray to Heavenly Father " Thy will be done". I have learned that there is nothing that I can do to convert people. All I have to do is be worthy to have the Holy Ghost and trust in the Lord. The Holy Ghost is the real teacher. The Holy Ghost was what helped Christine make that decision to get Baptized. It was an absolute miracle! We went and celebrated on got some Chinese food. OH YA!!!!!

Funny story! So at the end of each transfer I get my haircut. I didn't want to spend money and Elder Anderson claimed that he is good at cutting hair. He cuts his own hair and it doesn't look too bad. The last time I had a missionary cut my hair ( Elder Alshengiti to be more specific) It was the worse haircut of my life! Ya you saw the pictures of me at Zack and Zane's Baptism. So I was apprehensive about the whole missionary cut my hair thing. Well I say what the heck and I let him do it. Well He is cutting little by little so that he doesn't cut off too much. It was actually looking really good I was suprised. Well, He does my side burns on the right side and made it fade pretty good. Well the clippers jammed and so he was messing with that trying to get the hair out. As he did that he accidently made it go shorter then normal. He shaved off my side burns alll the way up to my forehead. After he did that he was like, "Oops". I was like NOOOOOOO WAYY! Not again. It was at the very end of the haricut and he was almost done and it just got wrecked and we had Stake conference the next day. I never laughed so hard because I was scared he was going to mess up. Elder Anderson said I had no Faith. HA HA So now I look like a GOON and there is nothing I can do about it!

Work is going great! I am having a great time. I am very comfortable with my missionary lifestyle! I love not worrying about anything but teaching people about the Gospel. I can do this for a long time. Especially the area that I am in! This area is the Best!

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment