Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY MISSION!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Friends and family,


Well, I just want everyone to know that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY MISSION! I am seeing so many miracles and I feel so blessed. We are having a lot of success in a area that is usually really slow. We have more investigators that I have ever had on my mission. We are teaching and testifying by the spirit. Feeling God's love not only for us but for those we are serving. I want to tell you some cool experiences I have had this week.

We were able to find a new investigator! We have been trying to get a hold of this family since I have been in this ward. We have scheduled multiple appointments and they have all falled through. Finally this week we were able to get in their home and share a spiritual lesson. We found out that Pat (mom) is a convert and that she has been working really hard with two jobs. This is why it was so hard to schedule something with her. We were able to meet her daughter Mikelle (10). She is awesome! She is not shy and speaks her mind. She has grown up going to church but the last couple years have been tough for her and her family. But they feel like now that they can become more active. She has been wanting to be baptized for a while. So we are so grateful that we kept on trying to meet with them. Elder Anderson and I have been memorizing this scripture. D&C 103:36 "All victory and glory is brought to pass unto you through your diligence, faithfulness, and prayers of faith." We have finally been victorious because we did all three of those things for the last 4 months. Heavenly Father is mindful of all his children and he does answer prayers. Mikelle has a baptismal date for February 4.

We were also able to meet with my favorite family . We are working with Richard and Teri. We were able to follow up with their Book of Mormon reading. Teri read all the way to chapter 10 in like 5 days! I was so proud of her. She gave us in great detail everything that happened in those chapters. Richard, her husband on the other hand did not read anything. Little disapointed and I let him know that. Ha ha. He is a funny guy. We were able to read a chapter with him to get him started. Committed him to catch up to his wife who is blowing pass him. We taught the Plan of Salvation and it was really easy. They believe in everything we taught them and had no complaints or concerns. So it was a good lesson. We were able to give their son little Richard Book of Mormon Stories and in like 15 minutes he read to chapter 23. He is only 7 years old. Smarty pants! They came to church for the first time with us and it was kind of a sketchy scenario. It was two farewell talks for missionaries and the talks were great. Sacrament meeting went a little long. One of the longest sacrament meetings I have ever been tot. It went over by like 20 minutes. So we had to explain that doesn't happen too often. Little Richard was getting a little bit restless. They have baptismal dates for February 11! This is the first family that I will witness entering into the waters of baptism. They are wonderful people and we already have a great relationship with them. I Love them so much!

We have about 8 investigators right now who are ready to get baptized if they made the decision now they would be worthy to enter into sacred covenants with God. They either have a concern that they are holding deep inside or it is just not the right timing. We have been really working hard with a lot people and we have helped them come closer to Jesus Christ but we need them to get through that gate which baptism opens. I know it is a step of faith but I know they can grow way more spiritually once they receive the Holy Ghost. I am trying to be patient but it is really time to bring in the sheaves!

I have one more week of the transfer left. Elder Anderson and I are nervous! We both want to stay especially with so many baptisms coming up in the next transfer. I am so grateful to be in this area. I have learned so much and have been able to learn how to more effectively excersise faith. I have a strong desire to stay in this area for the rest of my mission. It is amazing. The members are wonderful doing missionary work and they trust us. I am so blessed! I love my Mission so much! I hope you all have a wonderful week.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment