Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Tender Mercy

Monday, August 1, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week was great even though our numbers didn't show that. We were able to teach 7 less active lessons but only two lessons to investigators. We had two of our families cancel on us this week so i was very bummed. That is why patience is a Christlike attribute! I know these families are searching but they need to have more of a desire to find out if what we are saying is true. I am sad because the Blancas who are one of the families we are teaching, are going to be out of town until August 8th and that is when transfers are. So if one of us gets transferred, we won't see them and get to say goodbye. We were able to get a sister fully re-activated and she is progressing to get her temple recommend. Pumped about that!
This last Sunday we had three Baptisms!!!!!! haha. The McGlawns, who we are really good friends with, had family coming in from Tennessee to be baptized by brother McGlawn. It was a family and It was so cool to be a part of it. We didn't even teach them but they were still considered Convert Baptisms so we had to be there. Elder Hansen and I were asked to give talks and be the witnesses at the Baptism. It was so cool to see that. I have had the opportunity to see many people enter into the water of Baptism and be a part of it one way or another. I love feeling the spirit at Baptismal Services and how much love there is. I was grateful to be there.
At church yesterday, we get to the Chapel about a half hour early and we are chilling, praying that investigators or less active members would come to church. When I see this older gentlemen walk in, who looked like my Head football Varsity Coach, Coach Knight. I sit there staring dumb founded and realized it was Coach Knight! I go up and Say COACH KNIGHT!!!!! He turns around in shock. We give each other a hug and he looks and grabs my name tag. He said Elder Brown! It was so cool. I asked him what brought him to Yorba Linda 4th Ward. He said that he was on vacation with his family and heading down to San Diego. He said he just looked for the closest church building with the best time for him. What a small World!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt like a little bit of home came to Yorba Linda. I spent a lot of time of my high school career with Coach Knight. Love him so Much! He influenced me to be the person I am today and helped me learn discipline, diligence and hard work. It was seriously a tender Mercy to see Coach Knight. Very grateful!
Elder Hansen and I have one more week and we are going to try our best to endure to the end. We are starting to get "Chippy" with each other. I know that it is hard to be with me 100% of the time for three Months but we are hanging in there. I Love Elder Hansen! He has helped me grow and learn from my mistakes. I know that this companionship was definitely inspired. This week is going to be the Best one Yet.
I love you all take care and tune in next time

Elder Brown

1 comments:

Randan Manuela said...

Wow! Small world! The Lord just sent you a shout out from home... I will be sure to pass this message along to him. I know Coach Knight will appreciate what you wrote about your experience. I know you have probably already done so, but draw from "football experiences" on your mission. There are lots of life lessons taught on the field and being on the football team that apply to missionary work. You sound so grown up. I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work (Josh) Elder Brown!
Randan Manuela

Post a Comment