Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

My Mission Rocks!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Family and Friends,

This week was AMAZING as I was able to witness Brother Bill get baptized! It was awesome! The story of Bill and his conversion story is inspirational! This last week I have never prayed so much on my mission. Bill had no support from his family as they are against the church and all his friends told him that it would be the wrong thing to do. But he said that he knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints is indeed Christ's church. So he went full board. His faith was not wavering. The day of his interview with President Bowen and three days before his baptism one of his friends brought anti-Mormon literature to him. He said that he read it. There are a lot of people that did not like Joseph Smith and said a lot of negative things about him. Also, about the church and many other things. As he was telling us this, Elder Brown and I were like Oh man! this isn't good. But he then said that he came to a scripture in the Bible that talked about Prophets being persecuted for testifying of God and of Jesus Christ and standing up for truth and righteousness. He said that he could relate to Joseph Smith as other churches persecuted him for standing up for God and the scriptures. It was just really cool to see his testimony. He then brought up Mathew 7:15-20, "By their fruits you shall know them". He said that the missionaries and the Church has changed his life. That we produce good Fruit. His attitude for life has changed. He is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and he is going to be a strong member. He is awesome!!! I am so grateful that I was able to meet him and see him excercise his faith. Fasting and prayer works. Especially to do the will of our Father in Heaven! I can't wait to go out and find another "Bill". The work is going forward and I am loving every second of It!!!!!!!!!! Oh ya, My Mission Rocks! Also My Companion Elder T. Brown!! Stud!

Elder J. Brown

Check out pictures below....(click on to make larger)

0 comments:

Post a Comment