Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

I had an amazing spiritual experience this week!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Family And Friends,

Well well well,this week has been good. Elder Alshengiti and I have been really been thinking of ways to get this area up and going. One thing we thought was to get the ward more involved and we took a lot of good steps this week in this direction. Elder Alshengiti and the Bishop, they made eye contact and immediately connected. Oh boy they are best friends now so we have the Bishop loving us (especially Elder Alshengiti). He likes me too (ha ha). We finally got permission from Brother Dugon (who is a member) for us to invite his wife, Sister Dugon to be baptized. So, we are excited. She goes to church every week but has not made her Covenants and I am so excited to invite her to come closer to Jesus Christ. I am pumped for that. We also have been working with recent convert Miyako Sisler who is from Japan. We are now preparing her to go to the Temple and we are so happy for her. She is so looking forward to this experience. She is an amazing person who is so strong in the Church and reads scriptures everyday and is trying to be the best she can be. I love sharing messages with her and helping her to do Baptisms for the Dead and in three months she will be able to go to the temple and take out her endownment. Brother Sisler has come a long way and is active as ever and is now going on missionary visits with us. He makes me laugh so hard. (they are the ones with a bunch of dogs) I had an amazing spiritual experience this week! We went to go see an investigator and she was not home. I had a strong prompting to cross the street, so we crossed the street and i felt prompted to go knock on this door. A man answers the door named Julio and I talked to him and found out he played soccer for New Mexico and he was really interested to hear our message and we are seeing him tonight. He is so excited to have us over. I am so happy that I am able to recognize the spirit in this wonderful work and have it guide me to those that are ready to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. A lot of our investigators have been hard to get a hold of so we are continuing to find more. I am getting really close with members and investigators here in Acacia Park and I am striving to have the spirit direct what I should say and do. Its hard when people know that this Gospel is true and they are not willing to change their ways and follow. True happiness comes when we pattern our lives around our Savior Jesus Christ and make covenants to follow him. I have learned that for myself as I have served others and applied the Gospel into my own life. This week I got a special letter from someone totally Awesome and I want her to know thank you so much for the encouragement ;) California is pretty cool. Also we have a lot of scheduled appointments for this upcoming week and we have members coming to all of them. This is a first. I have been thinking about my Savior a lot lately, obviously and I received some revelation. Everybody probably knows this but I was partaking of the Sacrament yesterday and I learned just how important this is and how we should not go without it. Some people can't go with out Coffee, or their diet coke. Some can't go with out their sports, television, ETC. I could go with out a lot of things,especially coffee but the one thing I can't go without is The Sacrament. It took me all the way till now to realize how important it is to go partake of the Sacrament each week. To renew those Covenants you made with God. Our Promise is to keep his commandments and He promises us to have the spirit to be with us always. The Holy Ghost is the greatest gift man can have. It's the Comforter that leads and guides you. I am so grateful for my Savior and the love he has shown to all of us and died for us so that we will have that peace and the opportunity to come back into the presence of our loving Heavenly Father. The Sacrament should be the highlight of our week and I am just learning that now. So remember Saturday is a wonderful day, its the day we get ready for Sunday. Its a great Primary Song and it is so true. So continue to prepare yourselves each week for the Sacrament and I promise that you will have great spiritual experiences every Sacrament Meeting. I Love you all take care and have an amazing week!

Love Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment