Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Busy, Busy, and really Busy!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Family & Friends,


 It is very nice to be back in my first area that I love! Elder Johnson and I are in a car because we have to do a lot of driving (We are over the Irvine/Asian Zone). But, we still have the same size area as when I came into the mission. So we bought a bike rack and have been biking in the area and we just use the car to get around the mission. It has been great being part of both worlds! First day on bike it was in the 90's and I absolutely loved it. It feels like I never left Irvine Westpark ward.

 We actually have a lot of good work going along. We have had a lot of miracles with referrals, part member families and member referrals. We have way more people that we are teaching then I did when Elder Bannister and I white washed the area over a year and a half ago. All I did when I was here was go tracting but Elder Johnson and I are going to use our time more wisely. I have been able to visit former investigators that we taught when I was here and schedule appointments with them. They all remember me so we are going to see a lot of miracles. Elder Johnson and I are really pumped. This week was crazy because it was transfer week. So we had to do a lot of crazy busy work. Driving Elders around, doing Stake reports, tons of meetings but we were able to get through it. We weren't able to get as much missionary work in as I would have liked but we had a lot of good things happen. 

We have this investigator named Jimmy. He is a Persian 15 year old kid that just moved in a month and a half ago. He walked to the church one day and said that he wanted to learn more about the church. His family situation is really interesting as both his parents and his twin brother are Atheist. He wants to get baptized but he is scared to tell his parents because they will stop the meetings that he has with us. He has tremendous faith and we were able to help him feel and recognize the Holy Ghost and it was just amazing.

 It was so fun going to church and being able to see all my favorite families in the ward. Bishop Yost surprised me by calling me up to bear my testimony right in between the talks. The ward has changed a lot but there are still a lot of great families that are here. Great week went by really really fast. Having a blast have a good one.

 Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment