Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

One of my most favorite days on my mission!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Family and Friends,

Alright, so this week was crazy busy!!!!! I was able to go to the temple on Wednesday and do a session with my District. I love the temple! You can feel the presence of the Lord so strongly. I am so grateful that we as missionarries get to go to the temple and experience that. I had a cool experience after the session where I received revelation for myself on how important being a missionary is. I am so thankful I can help others. I was able to go to the Family History center in the city of Orange County. We had a cool little tour and talked about ways we can help our investigators and potential investigators get involved. I learned a lot how you should get started and I really enjoyed it. We started using that as a door approach telling people we are sharing a message about the family and how we can help them be with their family eternally. So usually when people don't even want to hear a message about the family we know they are not prepared yet. I have had a mormon.org file up for a while and keep forgetting to send you all the URL. Check it out and if you are a member make sure you make one. It is a great missionary tool to help others learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. http://mormon.org/me/2K59/
We ate dinner with one of my favorite families in the ward. They have two little kids Max (5) and Fox (2) and they are the funniest kids ever. They remind me of my little cousins back home. They want us to always play with them. They invited us to come for Easter so that we could dye eggs with them. They invited us for Thanksgiving so that we could meet their Grandma and Grandpa. They are just the coolest little kids that are just full of love and they love the missionaries. We were able to sing with them this Sunday. We were part of the Primary Program and we went up to go sing "I hope They Call me on a Mission". When is started all the little kids turned around and were looking at us. I felt like the center of the show. I forgot the second verse so I was trying to mouth it looking at Elder Anderson trying to follow his lead and then I realized he was trying to read my lips also. So ya we failed but it was the thought that counts right Ha ha. But I was glad I was able to sing with Max because he is a STUD! We were able to go to Temple Tour and I was able to see all my favorite Elders in the world! Elder Sumsion, Elder Knight, and Elder Kato. I was so happy to see that they are doing good and having a lot of success. It was kind of like when Ammon and the rest of the sons of Mosiah reunited with Alma the Younger. That is how I felt. So that was great!
Sunday was one of my most favorite days on my mission. I had an amazing experience in Sacrament Meeting, being part of the Primary program and really seeing the pure Love of Christ of all the little children. Jared our Investigator came and watched his daughter in the Primary Program. We learned about the Holy Ghost in the Gospel principles class and it was just perfect for Jared to learn about that. The Spirit was so strong all through church and I know that Jared had a wonderful experience. After Church we prepared a lesson for him and I was praying really hard to know how we can help him progress and come closer to being Baptised. Well we studied up on revelation through prayer and how God gives answers through the Holy Ghost. We brought a member with us. We were ready to go. I remember praying so hard asking heavenly father if he could give us the gift of discernment and help us find out Jared's concerns . I prayed that the Holy Ghost would be with us. We walk in and I saw a totally different Jared. He was a lot more excited to see us. We sat down and he asked if he could say the prayer and we said of course. When he said his prayer the Holy Ghost was so STRONG. I felt it come into the room like night and day. I was just pondering like this is amazing. I could not stop smiling! We followed up how his reading was going and he said he read several chapters. He was telling us in great detail what he read with enthusiasm in his voice. I was so happy. We asked him what he learned in Gospel Essentials class. The topics were about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. He has a great understanding of the Gospel and he has the desire but there was something missing. So we were talking about the Holy Ghost and how through him we recieve answers. I asked him if he had been praying about the Book of Mormon and about the Prophet Joseph Smith. He told us that he hasn't yet. Right then and there we found out what was holding him back. So we shared a scripture and our Testimony on how important it is that we pray and ask. We taught him how he will feel and how he would get his answer. It was one of the best lessons I have ever taught. The Holy Ghost was guiding every word of mine. Elder Anderson taught with such great Unity It so cool. We invited him to be Baptized and he said that if he finds out the Book of Mormon is true he will get baptized. So he has that real intent.
So after that amazing lesson I was able to go back to Fullerton and see my Boy David Get BAPTIZED!!!! I was so happy that I was able to go and see him enter into a covenant with Heavenly Father. He asked me to give the Missionary invite and I gladly said YES. There was great support for David as the room was filled with people. I was able to get pictures with him and congratulate him. It was AWESOME! I was so happy and the Baptismal Service was quite remarkable. Great talks, amazing Baptism, peircing Testimonies, and a wonderful dvd presentation. I was so happy! It was a big crowd and I went up and gave a talk and it felt good inviting and bearing testimony. David has a lot of non-members in his family so it was great. I was able to see my last recent Convert Billy Boy! He is doing great and is still an amazing member that is helping build the kingdom of God. After my missionary invite he asked if he could have a book of Mormon to give to a friend and asked if that was okay. I said of course it is okay. That it is what I was suppose to try to get you to do. I Love Bill. So ya this week was so good. The Lord is blessing me in so many ways I can't name them all. I am so grateful to be on a mission. To see the Tender Mercies of our Savior each and every day. I Love you all. I hope everything is going as good as it is going for me. Have a Great Week!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment