Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

"In His Strength I can do All Things"

Monday, October 3, 2011

This week has been an improvement! We were able to teach a couple more lessons and get in with more families! I know that it is going to take a little while to get our lessons numbers up but with patience and having faith in God I know that we will continually improve little by little. We were not able to meet with our new investigator Mario because he accidentally scheduled an appointment with us on his son's Birthday. Oops ha ha. I am getting to know a lot of wonderful families and doing my best to serve them the best I can. We were able to have an amazing treat, to sit back and watch and listen to Apostles and Prophets give us strength and encouragement. While being on my mission I have gained an appreciation and an excitement hearing the Lord's Servants address us! In between the sessions on Saturday , the District went to a burger Placed called 50/50 where its 50 beef and 50 Bacon for Elder Tensmyer's Birthday. I got the most Juicy, sticky, interesting burger ever. It is called Peanut butter and Jellousy Burger. Yep, I had a meat patty with bacon, Peanut butter, and Jelly burger. I have to tell you my experience in two words "Absolutely Amazing" so good never knew that could mix and match like that. I had a good weekend of learning and forgiving and all the topics that were said during Conference. It is weird hitting my year mark. You realize that you have hardly any time left. This last year has gone by so fast. I am so excited that I have another year to serve full time and to show through my actions how much I love the Lord by being faithful, diligent, and obedient. I know as we all strive to be obedient to Christ Teachings, the commandments, and for my case to the missionary handbook we are coming closer and closer to God, doing his will. "I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak, I will not boast in myself, but I will boast in my God, for in his strength I can do all things; (Alma 26: 12) I am so grateful for the Lord and his love! How I am coming to the knowledge how weak I am according to my own strength. I know that I can do all things with the Power of God. As long as I am doing his will, I can do the same things that Ammon and his brethren did, bringing forth many mighty Miracles! I love you take care. I will fill you all in more in detail later.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment