Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Good and Steady

Monday, June 13, 2011

Family and Friends,

The past couple of weeks have been good and steady! We were able to teach 9 lessons this week and we were able to meet with the family we found. Ray, the dad has really opened up to us and said that he will read the Book of Mormon and still wants to participate in the discussions. We invited them to be baptized when they come to know that it is true and they accepted. The spirit was so strong!
We also were able to feel the spirit tremendously when we read the Book of Mormon with Shirley. She is starting to ask deep thinking questions and the Holy Ghost is teaching her. We invited Shirley to the Temple Tour on July 18 at 2:30 p.m. She accepted and we are excited to meet her there to see our beautiful temple in Newport. I love the Newport Beach Temple. The grounds are really pretty and I enjoy going their quarterly. Well, Elder Hansen and I are doing what is called a car fast. We are trying to cut our miles in half. So we have been walking a ton these past couple weeks up and down hills. haha. Yorba Linda has some massive hills. But we are being blessed! I am really starting to utilize the Holy Ghost on my mission. I am the most happy when I see the fruits of the Spirit lead and guide this work. Elder Hansen and I were walking out of an appointment with a less-active member. We were on the other side of the road and saw this guy taking out his garbages. It was time to go to our dinner appointment, so we were a little rushed. Well, I decide to keep walking when I hears a still small voice in my head that said to turn around and talk to that person. And I did. We ended up teaching a lesson about the Book of Mormon to Paul and he invited us back to come teach him and his family the Restoration. We are going to follow up with him this week. So I am most happy when I feel the Holy Ghost lead me to those that will recieve me. I have also learned that when people don't want to receive our message how to nicely and boldly bear my testimony and keep going. I think that is my favorite part about missionary work, bearing your testimony to those that you have maybe for a couple seconds who are yelling at you and claiming we are Little Devils. Because when we bear our testimonies about the Savior and the Restoration, it shocks them! Just like Nephi shocked Laman and Lemuel by the Power of God. The Holy Ghost stings them and they get to choose to soften their hearts or harden it. Those that soften it, blessings follow. So the work is going. The days take forever but at the same time they fly by. I can't believe it is June and it has been a year since I have Graduated from High school. I know that the Church is still true!

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment