Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

It has been a White December here in Anaheim!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Friends and Family,

Well this week was Phenomenal!!!!!! A lot of cool things happened that I am so grateful for. First thing is that we went to CAMELOT for p-day. It is like Boondocks in Utah and it was so chill! Our whole zone went and played mini golf, mini bowling and all that fun jazz. Then, 24 missionaries played a massive game of Laser tag! It was so fun I really enjoyed it. Elder Anderson and I teamed up and did pretty good. So that was really fun to do right before transfers.

Jake and Haley got Baptized!!!!!! Elder Anderson and I were able to baptize and confirm them members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints! I prayed so hard that it would be a spiritual experience that Haley and Jake will remember the rest of their lives. Heavenly Father answered my prayer. The spirit was so strong. Every one knows what happens at baptisms. When I brought Haley out of the water she had the biggest grin on her face. I can't describe with words how awesome I felt and I know that everyone else felt it also during the baptismal service. The ward really supported them as the room was packed going out all the way into hall with people peeping their heads in the doorway. The spirit of love was defitnitely there. Jeff, who is not a member yet, felt the spirit so strong and I saw a tear or two. We are really excited to continue to work with this family. Jake got a basketball scripture case which is sweet! Haley got some books from the Deseret book store. This family is the best! I love them so much and I am so grateful that I was able to be a part of this amazing act of faith.

So we found out what is happening on transfers and well Elder Anderson and I are staying together during CHRISTMAS!!!! oh ya. That is what I am talking about. We told President we would love to stay together and the Lord thought it would be a good idea too! We are really excited, we have been celebrating all weekend. Sad news is that Elder Tensmeyer is leaving our district. He is one of my most favorite Elders and I am going to miss him a lot. I will say it once again he was my "best district leader". I was called to be the new district leader so I have big shoes to fill. I still have Elder Hansen in my district (my trainee) and he is with Elder Arnold who is from Provo that I love. So I am excited to be with this district and learn how to have greater charity and serve my district members to the fullest. I feel like I am going to be in Anaheim 10th ward for a long time!

We have a lot of investigatos we are still working with but none have baptismal dates yet but they are progressing. It is hard to find time here to meet with them. Everyone is so frantic and busy during this time. We are just going to have to go forward with faith. I really want to get one more baptism with Elder Anderson by the end of this transfer. I know we can as we share the true meaning of Christmas. I love this time of year! I feel the Christmas spirit and the love my Heavenly Father has for me and everyone around me. This Christmas season I want to help someone have a magical Christmas, where all of their wildest dreams will come true. haha. It has been a white December here in Anaheim. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ that makes all of this possible. Have a wonderful week!

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment