Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Losing myself in the work!

Monday, September 5, 2011

This week has been good! We were able to find a new Investigator! His name is Chase and he is 14. His mom has been less active at a very young age but believes that the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless him and help him get through high school and life. He just made a friend that is LDS from Utah that just moved in and has been telling Chase about the Book of Mormon. Chase says that he recognizes a difference from us missionaries and his friend to every one else in his high school. He says we are calm and know what our purpose is in life. The Holy Ghost really does radiate off the members of Christ's church and people feel that. We taught Chase the Restoration and the spirit was so strong. We invited him to read, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon. He told us after we invited him that he already believes in it and that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God. We then Invited him to be baptized October 1st. He accepted and Elder Brown and I are so excited. One downer was that he did not come to church. But we know that he is solid and that he will make amazing covenants to bring him closer to his Savior, Jesus Christ.
We did have 3 Investigators come to church! Gina, who is our most progressing Investigator is solid. She is talking about baptism and she feels like Christmas sounds good to her. Elder Brown I are thinking about October but we will see what we can do. We found out her concerns, so we are going to address them and help her come unto the fold. We are trying to do a lot of finding. Half of my area is Spanish so we are passing out a lot of Spanish pass a long cards and using the little Spanish that I have. Hola, como estas ustedes. Ya something like that ha ha. I am learning about repentance and striving everyday to be the best missionary my Heavenly Father knows and expects me to be. I love serving the Lord. I am finding myself as I am losing myself in the Lord's work. I am so grateful for the many blessings that I have. I am blessed to have an amazing mission, with an amazing mission President, with the best Elders in the world. I love serving. It is hard but worth it! I love you all take care.

Elder J. Brown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment