Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

New Chapter

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Well . . . . . . . . . . A lot has happened this last week! I got sick and I was out for the count for a couple days. Getting the flu was not that fun but I did recover. ha ha. I was able to get a little bit ahead with reading and so forth which is cool. We were able to teach my boy David! Taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ and he had a pretty good knowledge about it. A lot more then we thought. He is going to get baptized without a doubt in October. Very excited about that because he is an amazing guy with a strong heart! Also, we were able to meet with Gina twice this week. My testimony of involving members in this work has grown so much. Gina would not be an investigator and progressing like she is if it were not for the members of this ward. They have really made an impact in her life and I have seen and been a part of so many spiritual experiences with her. She has accepted baptism and she is going to get baptized in October also. I am so happy to be a part of all this and I am so grateful the Lord is blessing me and my companion and this ward! Well, transfer calls came. The most unexpected thing happened! I am getting transferred to the Anaheim 10th Ward in Anaheim Hills. Right across the 91 Freeway where my last area, Yorba Linda 4th Ward is at. I am in the same church building as them. Crazy stuff!!!! I am with Elder Anderson from Taylorsville Utah. When I got this call I was pretty upset! I thought that I was going to be able to continue to help with the progression of all those I love. But the Lord has other plans for me. I am still going to be able to come back and see the baptisms so I am pretty excited about that. But I am now again in a wealthier area. The apartment is nice. I want to thank everyone for getting me my early birthday presents! They are the Best! I could not wait to open them so I did but Mom I promise you that I will wait to open yours on Saturday! Me and my new companion are just going to have to work a little bit extra harder on Saturday to make it a good Birthday. I am excited for the new transfer, a new page, a new chapter. But I am NOT excited for packing all my stuff up again ha ha. I am learning a lot about just doing your best, getting lost in the service and let the Lord will do the rest. I Love you all and really do appreciate all the Happy Birthdays! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

Elder J. Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment