Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

Happy 4th of July

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Family and Friends,

Well, this week has been crazy and fun! Last P-day I challenged Elder Hansen that he couldn't drink one gallon of milk in ten minutes and hold it down for five Minutes. With Elder Hansen's personality, he confidently took that challenge and thought he could do it. So we just got done playing basketball for a couple of hours and we get the trash can out just in case and we see if he could do this. He didn't know that it is impossible to drink a whole gallon of milk and keep it down. So the time starts going and he drinks like a quarter of it in like one minute and then he is like, " I can't do it". It was so funny. Obviously the whole District is cheering for him to down it and keep going. Five minutes into it he has downed half of it and he is just talking and then all of a sudden he threw up and it projectiled 13 feet. It was the biggest projectile throw I have ever seen and I was on the side of him like two feet away and it was the funniest thing ever. So that was an adventure in itself.
The next crazy event is that when we had District meeting President Watrous was there. It was his last day in the mission feild as a Mission President and he gave us some good insight and he was just awesome. He has a funny cool personality and strict at the same time. He know hows to help us missionaries out a ton. I really appreciate all he did for me and how much work and love he put into this work. I am going to miss President Watrous but I am excited to have President Bowen come in.
We were not able to teach our progressing investigators this week due to the vacations and the 4th of July. But we were still able to teach a lot of lessons and help less active members gain more of a testimony and come closer to their Savior Jesus Christ. So it was a good week. We were able to have fun this week serving and celebrating the 4th of July.
I love the 4th of July in Utah! One, I am with my family we get to go to the parade! We get amazing fire work shows all over the place and you get to light off fireworks basically the whole month of July. Here in California you couldn't tell that the 4th of July was coming until that afternoon. But having said that, my 4th of July was Awesome!!! It was our P-day and our whole District got invited by the Daltons to a BBQ and play on their new sport court. We played in the sun (about 95 degrees) for 4 hours! We played Basketball, Volley ball, and Paddle Tennis and it was a Blast. Oh, and the food was amazing. It was so hot and for some reason us Elders forgot to put on Sunscreen. Yep, Our whole DIstrict got fried. I even got fried and have the sickest tan line or I guess you could say Burn line. haha. But it was fun and the members here rock. We then went to another BBQ and we were able to do a suprise attack on non-members who were there. We shared the Book of Mormon and invited them to read the Book of Mormon and find out for themselves if it is true. They accepted it and they thanked Elder Hansen and I for doing what we do and going around telling people what we believe in. So that was pretty cool. We then were able to see the fireworks with the Hanagans and got home just in time for cerfew. It was Totally awesome!!!
Then this morning, I was able along with my whole District to go and meet President Bowen. He is a really cool guy! I am so excited because I know that he really was called by God and that there are going to be a lot of Miracles here in this mission. He said that all he cares about is that we follow his advice to come closer to Jesus Christ. If you have the understanding of his Compassion, Charity, and Love for us, then we will have more of a desire to work harder and not to do anything that would offend the Savior. I really liked that. Instead of being obedient just to be obedient. You have Faith in Jesus Christ and it makes you want to be Obedient and do all we can to be his servants. President and Sister Bowen are Awesome and they have had a lot of trials before they arrived here! I am really excited and so grateful I am in this mission in Yorba Linda with Elder Hansen! I know that If I continue to be faithful to my Lord, my Savior, and My King that everything will fall into place. I love you ALL and hope you all had a Great 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment