Favorite Scripture: 3 Nephi 5:13

Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life.

We are reaching our goals!

Monday, February 13, 2012

Family and friends,

We had a great week of missionary work. Some of our best numbers yet! Right now we have a lot of investigators progressing and the Anaheim 10th ward is so excited and pumped. So are we!

First investigator I want to talk about is Mikelle! She is 10 years old and she lives with her mom Pat. Pat has 5 kids and is trying to support all of them. She is quite a remarkable woman. We could not get in contact with her the first 4 months because she was working 2 jobs. She wants her kids to be raised in the church because she knows how important it is for them to gain a relationship with Jesus Christ. We have been able to teach Mikelle all of the lessons. Her baptism is going to be on February 19. Mikelle has a brother named Ryan who has a jersey shore haircut. Everyone says he looks just like me. Also, every one says I look like this Poly D guy. I don't even know who Poly D is. Everyone just laughs. If I got a Jersey shore haircut we would be twinners Anyways, we are helping him get active so that he will be able to go on a mission. He is 19 and a cool kid. We have high hope for this family.

I now want to talk about Teri and Richard! They are doing great!!!!!! Teri is keeping the word of wisdom and they are reading! They are in the 2nd book of Nephi. We taught them about keeping the sabbath day Holy. We talked about how we need to keep our thoughts centered on Jesus Christ through out the day and go to church and partake of the sacrament. They understood how important it is and accepted the invitation to keep the Sabbath day holy. Little Richard, their son, has baseball practice on Sundays. I was like dang. So we are trying to help them either not go to practice or have them change it to a different time so that they are able to stay for all 3 hours of church. So we are excited for them and their baptismal date is on Feb. 26.

I went on exchanges with my trainee Elder Hansen is the Anaheim 6th ward. I was able to see how much he has grown as a missionary. He enjoys missionary work a lot more and is serving others. I had the opportunity to give four Priesthood blessings while I was there. For some reason everyone was sick and we were able give them those blessings. It feel so amazing to be worthy to use the priesthood. Feel the spirit working through you. I am grateful to the Lord for allowing me to have those experiences.

Well, it is half way through the transfer. We are reaching all of our goals. The adversary is working hard to stop Elder Anderson and I but he has got nothing on us as we are representatives of Jesus Christ. The priesthood power is real and it has been restored on the earth. Miracles are happening! I am enjoying my mission so much. I am not saying there are no lows but the highs make the lows worth it. I am so grateful to be in the Anaheim California mission in the Anaheim 10th ward. I love the people I am teaching and serving with. I just love this work. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is the ultimate master teacher and leader and I am striving everyday to be like him.

Elder Brown

0 comments:

Post a Comment